Thursday 11 April 2013

Awesome Adventure Blanket Toy


I think this is a much more interesting blog title for us grown ups, because in reality this toy is BORING. But for babies, it's potentially the cutest and loveliest and funnest thing ever. Maybe even the funniest!

My baby is 6 months old now, and tends to get bored of toys so I'm forever swapping things around so he never gets used to anything for too long and learns about stuff (which is why I guess we have toys?) in different ways and over different days. SO! I had a spare 15 minutes while he was outside cooing and being a great baby, and as we were off to the hairdressers (which is a great place for babies - how much do they LOVE the blowdryers!?) and thought I'd make him a play toy from ribbons and leftover scraps.



It wasn't hard at all to make (as you can see it's pretty straight forward) but Baby Darling played with the tabs and ribbons and spaghetti straps one by one... it looks to me that babies adore tags and little things they can touch, get their fingers into and flip around. One of the mums in my Mama's Group showed me a shop bought blanket, so that's where I got the idea from... as when you're a kooky old seamstress who doesn't throw anything out, I've just gotta grab the time to make a million of these.

And of course, I can't find it anywhere now, so I've either cleaned it up with the 'out of rotation' toys already or it's been eaten by the dog. Oh my darling but naughty dog.

Love to you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...