Friday 8 March 2013

A Refashioned Baby T


And here's my final thing from that large orange tshirt I bought from the op shop to make my friend's macrame birthday present! YAY! That's 3 things from one tshirt, how refashionably thrifty can one gal be?

Sorry I've been out of action here, we had the insides of the house painted, so went away for a bit, and it's been unbearable hot (32 or there abouts every day!) in Melbourne, so my baby just isn't sleeping very long (but seems to be so tuckered out right now, he's gone over an hour!) during the day... he's a sweetpea at night though, sleeping while it's cooler... or kinda cooler at 20 degrees. GUYS I LOVE SUMMER, don't get me wrong, but with a baby? With a hot baby? And consecutive hot days? YIKES!

So you've seen the other orange long sleeve baby T I made, so this one I used a singlet top my mum was going to send to the op shop, and the leftover sleeves of the original orange tshirt. I did make a template/pattern piece just by doing some guesswork on some other baby clothes (Baby Darling is still wearing them, so couldn't pull them apart to get the right template - which is always the BEST).



I folded the singlet in half but with the side seams together, and a proper seamstress would have probably turned the thing inside out first, so it's right sides together like normal sewing... but I don't feel very proper or normal as a speed seamstress... I have small windows of sewing, and go like the wind!



And gotta top it off profesh style with a label! YEW! Oh, and now looking at the close up photo, I also used some leftever tshirt as the binding for the neckline here... YES! I love the 'raglan' look that baby clothes have with this crossover neckline. Before I had a baby I just thought it was a 'baby' style, but now having a big head baby who has little shoulders and little neck (I'm sure they all do) it makes sense to design it this way!

Hooray, ok I hear some rustling from Baby Darling, gotta whirl (sorry for spelling mistakes or whatever! I'll check over perhaps next week when I get back here! LOL). xoxoxoxo

10 comments:

  1. brilliant! I was thinking yesterday i want to do some baby craft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need Baby Darling to catch some more daytime ZZZ's and then I'll be into it more!

      Delete
  2. So cute! Love these colors together! Hope it cools off soon so you and baby can get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!
    This heat has become quite unbearable hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the ace-est baby T-shirt ever! I love that style, the cross over shoulder thing without the poppers that some have, and totally thrifted? Damn girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been tossing up whether to get a popper maker thingie, but yes, the shoulder thing is better and thriftier! x

      Delete
  5. Baby darling is a big fella! Great colours and use of resources.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...