Friday 8 February 2013

Mama Lyf: Knitting


This baby blanket began in August, as I went on maternity leave, and I've only just managed to pick it up again... yes, in the sweltering summer of Melbourne. What am I thinking?! I'm thinking I have to finish it! Not for my bub now, too little for him and too warm for swaddling or blankets! A darling 2013 newborn.

I've chosen some lovely colours, but I'll wait til it's finished to show it off... I've just added a third colour today and seem to be speeding along ok! Continental ALL THE WAY!

Mama Lyf kinda suits having small projects that you can put down, or pick up when you have 5 minutes spare. I've watched Project Runway this week, while Baby Darling slept, and knitted at the same time. LUXURIOUS! I really want to make a new dress for a party tomorrow, but totally won't get there in time. I should have started it 2 weeks ago!

x

1 comment:

  1. I am knitting at the moment too. I knit all year round! I'm trying to knit myself a cardigan. Hopefully it turns out ok. With your question on how I find time to sew on my blog I'm lucky that I have a baby who lives to sleep so I get a lot of spare time during the day. Also i find it very hard to sit still so I get a lot done in a short space of time. But mainly this got done cause Corey was on holidays at the time so he watched Imogen so I could have some sewing time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...