Wednesday 11 May 2011

Sew Weekly: Vintage Mumma!


Hey good looking! Hope you're well! I WISH I could spend more time with you at the moment!

*cries*

When I tried to post over the last 2-3 days, blogger wasn't loading the 'Create Post' page, and I thought it was my new 'Firefox' browser update and I just had no time to fiddle with it in 'safe' mode and then I got impatient with the computer full stop. Then the dog pulled the plug out so when I found another 10 minutes to write to you (on Tuesday) the computer had died and I was making tea at the same time, and then it all got too hard and annoying.

Miss you though!


So! What we have here is a purple (!) SELF drafted (using Built By Wendy's Sew U Home Stretch as a guide) dress using my darling mum's fashion as a guide. As usual, head along to Mena's Sew Weekly blog, to check out and read all about my darling creation in detail! But I thought I'd show you here some of the close ups from our 'photo shoot' on our staircase!



Top: Fake Melissa shoes. They are unfortunately an impulse (yes, it happens - but only once a year from old thrifty here) buy from ebay. I made a purple dress, I was going to a wedding, the seller said they'd arrive on time, I bought them. UNFORTUNATELY they are fakes. They also take a while to 'warm up', yes they're made of plastic but not very good plastic, so they're very cold and hard to wear first, and then they warm up and get a bit softer to wear. I KNOW! I'm a dickhead to buy them, especially since I'm such a diehard Melissa fan.

Bottom: A cowl neck for winter. I'm going to make MORE cowls I reckon, I love the word, I love saying it. I really don't mind making them either, they're really quick and easier than a neckline overlock/turn/topstitch any day.

I'm starting to get a little over blogger, and a little over online text/photo publishing. Especially on my laptop. I wish I had time to work out how to post from my ipad... have any of you uber chic bloggers figured that out (last time I tried, I couldn't load photos because of the flash thing)? I've noticed (browsing other blogs using my ipad) that wordpress has a fantastic 'swipe me' user-ability thing and all your wordpress blogs look gorgeous!

Anyways I hope you're well and still good looking and see you again soon, I hope! xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Even if you're not thrilled with your new shoes, they are a pretty good match for that dress!
    And I was having the same problems with blogger over the weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress! Is the upper back done in the grey fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww man stinks about the shoes =/ but thye look great with the dress. I'm going to a wedding soon too and I was also thinking about purple! Wish I had your skills and patience to make a dress =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress! Bummer about the shoes. Though they do still look awesome. I had the same issue with posting on blogger at the start of the week. I found that when I switched it back to the old post editor it started working again,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! And I really love the shoes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogpress for iPad is an app that lets you choose what blogging platform you use, I think it's $3.99?
    Your dress is very cute, purple is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cut...love the colours...and those shoes...they'll always be a fab prop even if not comfortable to wear...

    ReplyDelete
  8. OoOooO I love a cowl too, especially for winter, your dress is darling and I love the flare you added to it. I might have to invest in that Built by Wendy book it looks like I could learn a thing or two from it which is always good. That's a bummer about the shoes and blogger but on the bright side you have a new dress yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well look at you... you look all grown up in this one! very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Doggie Darling and your plug-pulling antics! I've always been a bit unsure of cowl necklines but this dress has convinced me - it looks fantastic. One day I'll be brave enough to try sewing with knit fabric! I've never seen plastic heels before - they look like they could be Barbie's shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sensational dress, and the shoes, well ho! I realised just how bad my blogging addition was when I couldn't access the system for three days. It was the system not your machine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this dress looks amazing! and the shoes (fakes or not~) look great as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...